Yesterday, I showed you my beauty and skincare essentials that I am going to be taking with me to New York City on Thursday. Today, I’m going to show you what’s going in my handbag (which was a beautiful Winners find, let me tell you!) that will sit with me for the flight. My partner J and I will be taking separate flights, unfortunately, so I definitely have some entertaining alternatives to keep me occupied for the short ride over.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy – This is my number one essential item for flights. I don’t know about you, but something about the pressure, the stress of travel, and the exhaustion leads me to have really chapped and awful lips. This item is a must, and instantly gives a repaired look when applied.
- Starbucks Light Frap To-Go – I’m going to grab one of these from the terminal on my way on the plane, because it’s an awesome pick-me-up without all the sweetness, and I want to make sure I’m ready to go right when we arrive in NYC, and that minor caffeine boost will help me there!
- Bath and Body Works Shea Infused Socks – I’m ALWAYS cold on the plane! So not only are these socks super warm for that quick trip (and easy to throw into a handbag), but they’re soooo damn comfy, AND they’re infused with shea butter, so your feet are left soft and pampered at the end of the flight!
- Kiehl’s Deluxe Hydro-Plumping Sample – This tini-tiny, throw me right in the bag size makes this product super convenient for travel. Just like my lips, my face always has the weirdest reaction when flying. I tend to break out from lack of moisture and the pressure of the plane, so this product will make sure I’m left glowing when we arrive.
- iPad – Mine is ancient, but we all know what a good time killer the apps on this product can be! And I love to use the WordPress app to work on posts! This will be a necessity for blogging in the hotel (if I have time!)
- Nasty Galaxy by Sophia Amoruso – I’ll be honest, this isn’t in my hands just yet. But it releases today! And I’m expecting it to be delivered to my house by the end of the night! This will absolutely make my flight an inspirational one. I can’t wait to read it!
- Vogue Magazine – The latest fashion magazine snagged while waiting at the terminal for your flight? A travel necessity!
- Enjoy Today Embossed Notebook from Indigo – This beautiful journal is my go-to notebook, and I bring it with me everywhere I go. You never know when a moment will arrive where you need to jot your thoughts down but your phone (or iPad) just won’t do. It’s currently filled with stories my grandmother shared orally with me, before she passed.
- Mac Lipstick ‘Stone‘ – This colour! It goes with everything. It pairs with every season. It’s always in my bag for a quick spruce up post-travel. I actually bought it in an airport terminal, to be honest!
What’s your handbag/shoulder bag essential? What always makes it on a flight with you?