So in case you didn’t know (but my guess is that you’ve been following along…) I’m headed to NYC TONIGHT(!) for some business and some pleasure!
I’ve never been to New York City, so I’m absolutely thrilled at this opportunity that has been given to me and can’t wait to explore what this city has to offer me! Fashion + Broadway + Saks … oh, my!
I checked out the weather for the upcoming trip, as I’ve never traveled in Autumn and wanted to be prepared with an appropriate wardrobe for the occasion. The lowest temperature expected while we are there is around 18 degrees which is absolutely perfect for layering, for long walks, and for feeling out a new city in the very best season, around. It’s supposed to rain on Saturday, but I’ve already packed my tiny umbrella, and I never minded a walk in the rain.
But here’s where the tricky part comes along: I have so many jackets (a staple in my wardrobe and always fun to layer on), what could I possibly pack?! And what about my scarves? With so many to choose from, which should I pair with my outfits?! And shoes!? I need walking shoes, I need dressy shoes, what do I do? And what about purses!? Will my novelty cat-bag be a little too extreme for this city, or will I fit right in? ‘Friends’ has taught me nothing about what normal plebs wear, and ‘Sex in the City’ is way out of my price range! What do I do?!
Have a look in my bag:
I stick to carry-ons because they’re guaranteed to never get lost (they’re right by my side at all times) and they’re easy to lug around a busy city if need be. Packed inside my carry on, I’ve got…
- My ElevenParis running shoes (designer AND comfortable!)
- My Nine West sling-back chunky heels
- Plain t-shirts (black + white) & FEMINIST t-shirt from Feminist Apparel
- My black bodycon dress with slight collar
- Ribbed camo green sweater from Zara
- A long button down shirt with a black and white design from H&M
- Dark Jeans
- Mustard cigarette pants from H&M
- Camo Green cropped pants from Zara
- High Waisted Mom Levi’s (vintage from the 80s)
- My vintage bomber (it’s from the 80s and still had the tags on it!)
- An assortment of jewellery and socks (not featured)
I may be packing too much. I may also be packing too little. The good news is that I left enough space in my luggage to stock it with NYC goodies! Should I get an ‘I ❤ NY’ shirt, or is that tacky? I usually avoid tourist-y things, but I feel like this one is classic.
I may not have an opportunity to blog while I’m in New York City, but look for the occasional Instagram update, and you can be sure to see a blog post when I get back!
Have you ever been to NYC? Do you have any places that you recommend? Let me know in the comments!